In 2020, Citroen is launching a major electrification offensive across its commercial vehicle range, widening the choice of electric vehicles available to business users.
Comprising of the newly launched ë-Dispatch, plus a 100% electric version of Relay in the second half of 2020, and a 100% electric version of Berlingo Van during 2021
The range will benefit business users by offering a benchmark level of comfort, controlled operating costs, freedom to access town centres and the ability to keep up with the growth of e-commerce.
The new all-electric Citroën ë-Dispatch offers all the advantages of the combustion-engine versions of Dispatch van in terms of character, dimensions, load volume and payload. This compact van’s move to electric means users have the freedom to access urban centres, while allowing longer periods between charges. It increases driver and passenger comfort, thanks to its driveability and acoustics, while helping to reduce CO² emissions.
The all electric Dispatch is available in three trim levels to meet the needs of fleet and business users:
• ‘X’ version offers all the essential features you’d expect in a LCV. Electric and heated door mirrors, electric parking brake and twin unglazed rear doors opening 180°. Inside, there is air-conditioning, DAB radio with Bluetooth, Citroen Connect Box with Emergency & Assistance function, and cruise control with a programmable speed-limiter.
• ‘Enterprise’ is arguably the most versatile version, adding rear parking sensors, a Thatcham category one alarm, automatic headlights and windscreen wipers, 7-inch colour touchscreen with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and the Moduwork dual passenger bench, with fold-up outer seat, a fold-down writing table in the central seat back and storage under the central seat.
• ‘Driver’ is made to be a mile-eater, with the addition of Active Safety Brake, driver attention alert, front parking sensors, smart beam headlights, lane departure warning system, blind-spot monitoring, Visio Park 180° rear parking camera and Citroën Connect Nav with voice recognition.
With compact dimensions including a height of 1.9m, ensuring access to the majority of multi-storey car parks, the van is availble in three lengths to choose from:
• XS (4.60 m long – 50 kWh),
• M (4.95 m long – 50 kWh or 75 kWh).
• XL (5.30 m long – 75 kWh).
The ë-Dispatch offers the same features as the rest of the Dispatch van range
• Payloads up to 1,262 kg (With cost option payload upgrade. Without driver, value varies according to vehicle options and equipment.)
• Load volumes are identical to those of the combustion-engine versions – ranging from the most compact at 4.6 m3 (XS without Moduwork) to a cavernous 6 m3 (XL with Moduwork) .
• Width between wheel-arches of 1.25m, sufficient for European pallets.
• Functional equipment that makes all the difference to commercial vehicle users, including features like Moduwork that transforms the passenger compartment into a mobile office.
• Almost 100-litres of storage space is available in the passenger compartment.
• Towing capability up to 1 Tonne on all versions.
mileage and batteries
Built on Groupe PSA’s EMP2 multi-energy platform, the Dispatch is available with two battery powertrains – giving two range options– allowing customers to select the one that best suits their needs and budget:
• 148 miles with the 50 kWh battery*
• 211 miles with the 75 kWh battery*
*milage from WLTP cycle (The world harmonized light-duty vehicles test procedure is a global, harmonized standard for determining levels of pollutants, CO2 emissions and fuel consumption). The warranty period for the battery is 8 years or 100,000 miles for up to 70% battery capacity (battery capacity certification at each service).
The van can be recharged via one of three solutions with the option of deferred charging.
• Home charging, at work or in a car park requiries a mode 2 cable and is compatible with a standard domestic socket (cable available as an accessory).
• Accelerated charging, needing a ‘Wallbox’ installation and a mode 3 cable. The 32A cable is supplied as standard.
• Super-fast charging at a mode 4 public charging point (cable incorporated into charger) can charge a 50 kWh battery to 80% in 30 minutes and a 75 kWh battery to 80% in 45 minutes.
The all-electric Dispatch harvests energy under braking and during deceleration. The Three-mode selector, switches between:
• Normal 109hp (80 kW) / 210 Nm optimises range and performance.
• Eco 82hp (60 kW) / 190 Nm: optimises energy consumption by reducing the output of heating and air-conditioning (without shutting them off completely,) and by limiting motor torque and power.
• Power 136hp (100 kW) / 260 Nm: provides enhanced vehicle performance when carrying a heavy load.
price / availability
The new Citroen ë-Dispatch is available to order now in the UK, with first customer deliveries anticipated during the second half of 2020.